Certificate Course in Comprehensive Laparoscopic Surgery
At IMMAST, we believe in the principle of “Do & Learn” and have trained over 10000 healthcare professionals in the past decade through our unique simulation-based structured training courses.
For general surgeons, we offer a variety of courses from basic to advanced levels of learning. These are short term courses that offer the opportunity to learn from stalwarts of surgery aided by their personal mentorship during didactic sessions and hands-on practice on near-life animal tissue models. The courses give you the platform to not just learn the procedure but also manage any complications that may arise.
For beginners, IMMAST’s Certificate Course in Comprehensive Laparoscopic Surgery is an excellent spring board. In this 3 day training course, participants attend didactic and hands-on sessions to understand the philosophy and ergonomics (less strain- better performance), gain proficiency in two-handed dissection and improve hand-eye co-ordination, familiarize themselves with laparoscopic knot-tying and suturing, diagnostic laparoscopy, and understand prevention and management of complications of various laparoscopic procedures. Participants learn step-by-step procedure for Lap Appendicectomy & Lap Cholecystectomy and practice it on animal tissue models that give close-to life-feel and haptic.
IMMAST’s unique training course is specially developed for busy surgeons who wish to upgrade their skills or acquire new skills in a short period of time. It offers a comprehensive curriculum, is taught in a structured format, and offers extensive hands-on practice on tissue models that offer close-to-life haptic. Participants will learn under the watchful eye and personal mentorship of acclaimed faculty, in a simulated OR setting.
- To understand the philosophy and ergonomics (less strain- better performance)
- To gain proficiency in two-handed dissection and improve hand-eye co-ordination
- To familiarize oneself with laparoscopic knot-tying and suturing, diagnostic laparoscopy (Anatomy of the hiatal region and the variations)
- To review indications, technical details and possible pitfalls in laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendicectomy and diagnostic laparoscopy
- To understand prevention and management of complications of various laparoscopic procedures
Who Should Attend?
- Surgical postgraduates
- Experienced surgeons who have hesitated to embark into laparoscopic surgery
- Surgeons getting initiated in laparoscopic surgery
- Surgeons performing laparoscopic surgery who wish to consolidate their knowledge and skills
- Participate in intensive Hands-on Practice on Near-life Models, using State-of-the-art Equipment, in World Class Labs
- Train under Personal Mentorship of Stalwarts of Surgery
- Course Accredited by The Royal College of Surgeons of England