Certificate Course in Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Cardiac MRI (CMR) is the fasted growing modality in the field of cardiac imaging in the last 10 years with many unique clinical applications. The expert consensus on evidence based appropriate use criteria of CMR in many common clinical indications are firmlyestablished.
There was virtually no CMR training in the conventional MD / DM / DNB curriculum for cardiologists and radiologists till a decade ago, and currently no substantial progress has been done to bridge the training gap except in handful of institutions. With CMR becoming integral part of the day-to-day clinical practice in cardiology, it is crucial to train optimally a huge number of cardiac imaging specialist to fulfill this requirement.
The simulation based training course at IMMAST includes intensive hands-on practice in state-of-the-art lab environment, under personal supervision of eminent national & international faculty. Participants shall be assessed for the knowledge and skills acquired, at the end of the course.
Post training, candidates will maintain a record (indication, diagnosis, complications) of CMR examinations performed on in their practice for next 6 months and will submit it to IMMAST.
- Introduction to basic principles of magnetic resonance imaging with unique requirements for cardiac imaging
- Knowledge of evidence based (established and emerging) clinical applications and contraindications
- Introduction to different modalities of CMR and their role in planning a clinical CMR study
- To practice a rigorous qualitative interpretation and quantitative analysis of CMR images on vendor neutral contemporary software
- Introduction to artifacts, pitfalls and limitations of clinical CMR studies
- Knowledge of synthesizing the clinical and CMR information to arrive at clinical diagnosis
- Extensive discussion on specific cardiac pathologies where CMR is crucial for diagnosis
- Introduction to physics, instrumentation and basic sequences of CMR (for cardiologists)
- Introduction to planning, acquisition and trouble shooting in CMR (for radiologists)
- Introduction to manual and AI based CMR image qualitative and quantitative analysis contemporary software
- Proctored step by step analysis of real life clinical CMR studies on twin shared workstations, interpreting cardiac MRI, helping candidates to get clinical & technical perspectives
- Practicing the quantitative analysis, repetitively, on a large number of clinical CMR studies as per individual learning needs and pace
Who Should Attend:
- All DM (cardiology) / DNB (cardiology)/ FNB (pediatric cardiology) qualified cardiologists, at any stage of their career
- All MD (radiology) / DNB (radiology) qualified radiologists at any stage of their career who are planning to start or are actively performing cardiac imaging