Certificate Course in Trans Thoracic Echocardiography
The Trans- Thoracic Echocardiography (TTE) is an essential skill for practicing cardiologists, intensivists, emergency physicians, anaesthetists and cardiology fellows at all stages of their career. It helps in diagnosis of critical pathologies of the heart and is immensely useful in guiding rapid triage and therapeutic interventions.
It is a non-invasive technique, which carries the potential of subjective under / over / misdiagnosis if performed by inexperienced or unskilled physician. It is difficult to learn and practice on routine patients due to stringent PNDT act related restrictions. Mannequin simulator-based TTE training offers the best solution to this dilemma, and should be treated as mandatory for learning to perform safe TTE procedure.
The training course at IMMAST includes intensive hands-on practice in state-of-the-art lab environment, on life-size mannequin simulators, under personal supervision of eminent national & international faculty.
- To give “hands-on” training of systematic and detailed performance of TTE examination in a virtual environment of life-size Mannequin simulator with a dummy TTE probe.
- To give three-dimensional orientation of cardiac structure and to familiarize with different cross-sectional anatomical views of the heart and associated pathology.
- To teach the use of various manual controls of the echocardiography machine and to repeatedly practice various maneuvers of the TTE probe to acquire all the IAE/ASE guidelines directed cross-sectional views of in-situ cardiac anatomy.
- To teach focused TTE examination targeted to specific cardiac structures and perform measurements.
- Concise theoretical presentation on physics and instrumentation of echocardiography and 3D cardiac anatomy
- Training of each candidate repeatedly for all the TTE probe maneuvers with ‘cross-sectional anatomy’ and ‘echo-image’ correlation and display orientation.
- Hands-on training of acquisition of all the TTE views, with ample repetitions, for each candidate with individual attention and customization of time and speed of the training.
- Practical tips for performing the TTE examination in different clinical scenarios in echo-lab, ICU, or emergency room and performing relevant measurements.
- Experience of handling real TTE probe and operating controls for 2D and 3D echo imaging
Who Should Attend:
- First to Third-year DM (cardiology) / DNB (cardiology)/ DM (cardio-vascular anesthesia)/ Mch (cardio-vascular surgery) trainee, fellows, residents.
- DM (cardio-vascular anesthesiology) qualified cardiac anesthesiologists, MD (anesthesiology) at any stage of their career.