Certificate Course in Diagnostic and Interventional Bronchoscopy and Thoracoscopy
Diagnostic Bronchoscopy has become an integral part of every respiratory physician’s practice.
Bronchoscopy is also integral part of intensive care practice and Anaesthesiologists often draw from their knowledge about the procedure. Paediatricians are keen to do diagnostic Bronchoscopy in order to tackle everyday emergencies, as well.
Despite the need, hands-on training for bronchoscopy or Thoracoscopy is not available routinely in the PG curriculum.
At IMMAST, participants are trained in step by step approach of rigid and flexible Bronchoscopy, and Diagnostic Thoracoscopy. The aim is to empower them with the knowledge about bronchial anatomy, abnormal pathologies, cleaning and disinfection of the scope, preparation of the patient, technique of passing the scope, sampling techniques which include broncho-alveolar lavage, bronchial brushings, bronchial biopsies, bronchoscopic lung biopsy, Trans-bronchial Needle Aspiration (TBNA), foreign body removal and management of complications such as alveolar haemorrhages.
This comprehensive training course offers participants the golden opportunity to practice on cutting edge Virtual Reality Simulators, and on unique breathing-bleeding tissue models that have excellent near-life haptic, under the personal mentorship of stalwarts of the field. This course also includes live Bronchoscopy demonstration on patient in a clinical setting (*subject to case availability), and practical tips on how to set up one’s own bronchoscopy practice.
- To understand the principles of, and to gain confidence in, performing a patient friendly bronchoscopy
- To learn correct and safe procedures that are carried out using a bronchoscope, in order to improve the yield
- To understand how to prevent complications (such as airway haemorrhage) and trouble shooting
- To learn how to take care of the scope for longevity and maintenance and the hygiene of the scope Cleaning and disinfection scope processing techniques)
Who Should Attend?
- Post graduate students in respiratory medicines – MD and DNB Residents
- Practicing respiratory physicians who wants to start and upgrade their knowledge and skills
- Hands-on Training in state-of-the-art Simulation Lab and animal tissue laboratories
- High end VR Simulator ; Unique near-life animal tissue models for practice
- Personal supervision of acclaimed faculty
- Live demonstration in Bronchoscopy Suite (*subject to availability)