Certificate Course in Laparoscopic Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
Bariatric surgery has evolved over the last four decades from open to minimal access techniques. Minimal access techniques and early recovery have made a revolution in the acceptance of Bariatric surgery for treatment of morbid obesity and related diseases, mainly because of safety and faster recovery. Diabesity has become a pandemic and Asians, especially Indians, are affected more with diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome, a joint burden responsible for increased morbidity and mortality. Metabolic surgery for diabetes is emerging as a new therapy. Bariatric surgery should be a part of training for each laparoscopic surgeon and gastroenterologist, since it involves entero-anastomosis and surgery of the Gastrointestinal tract. IMMAST is the first of its kind to offer a comprehensive training and certification course for all interested in adding Bariatric surgery as a facet to their skills and practice.
- Diagnose Obesity, Morbid Obesity, and Choose a case for Surgery
- Learn step-by-step Bariatric procedures for Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and all aspects of endoscopic procedures
- Learn how to prevent and manage complications of various procedures
- Manage nutritional challenges and weight re-gain
- Extensive hands-on practice on near-life animal tissue models for bariatric procedures, Laparoscopic Suturing, etc.
- Unmatched learning experience in simulated OR environment, with best-in-class equipment
- Opportunity to attend live surgery*, bariatric consultation sessions with physician, surgeon and nutritionist (*subject to case availability)
- 4 CME Credit Points from MMC and Certificate to be awarded on completion of the training course
Who Should Attend
- General Surgeons & Surgical Gastroenterologists who wish to add Bariatric surgery to their repertoire
- Laparoscopic Surgeons already doing advanced procedures
- Surgeons who wish to learn Laparoscopic Anastomosis
- Surgeons who have performed Bariatric procedures before but wish to consolidate their skills