Master Course in Laparoscopic Colo-rectal Surgery
Colorectal Surgery has evolved over the last three decades, from open to minimal access techniques. Minimal access techniques have revolutionized Colorectal surgery for benign and malignant pathologies of the colon and rectum, owing to results favorably comparable to open surgery, shorter hospital stay, and faster recovery.
Early reports of the outcomes of laparoscopic colorectal surgery comprised mostly non-malignant cases, but now laparoscopic surgery has become widely used and accepted for colorectal cancer as well. The limiting factor for the use of laparoscopic procedures is the surgeon’s adequate skills to perform a laparoscopic colectomy for malignancy rather than the pathology. In this regard, future efforts to increase the use of laparoscopic techniques in colorectal surgery would necessarily require thorough training. The constant thrust of IMMAST to push the edge of the envelope to newer and more advanced areas is now directed towards giving surgeons a thorough grounding and training in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery.
Aware of the complexities involved, a carefully constructed course structure, both didactic and extensive hands-on practice on close-to-life models and Virtual Reality Simulators with edited and unedited video session, has been formulated by expert IMMAST Faculty.
- To understand the principles, techniques and safe practices in Colorectal Surgery and improve surgical outcome
- To enhance skills required for intraoperative navigation, dissection and manipulation
- To learn the correct usage of staplers in Colorectal Surgery along with management of complications
- To learn the Surgical Tips and Tricks in Colorectal Surgery
- Ensure safe Colorectal Surgery
Who Sould Attend?
The course has been specifically designed for:
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons / Surgical Gastroenterologists / Surgical Oncologists who wish to upgrade their skills and add Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery to their armamentarium
- Renowned Faculty
- Interactive lectures and video sessions
- Extensive hands-on training on pelvic trainers, Virtual Reality Simulators, and specially designed life-like animal models and tissues
- Personalized training with on to one interaction by Faculty